March 2019 marks the end of a very successful campaign for rig EDrill-2 in Myanmar with PTTEPI.
Our CEO thanked the crew of EDrill-2 for their hard work and dedication for a job well done and putting Energy Drilling on the map of offshore Myanmar.
Many milestones were achieved during this campaign which helped PTTEPI and MOGE, Myanmar, secured gas production in the Zawtika ahead of schedule and better than budgeted.
In a period of 1,204 days, a total of 87 wells were drilled and completed together with 11 rig moves, of which several were carried out during the monsoon seasons. This is a great achievement for an inaugural campaign with a newly built rig.
Below are some of the key highlights and achievements:-
- Dec’15, Arrival at Zawtika field of new build rig, EDrill-2, from COSCO Guangzhou, China
- Jan’16, Drilled and completed 1st monobore well ZTK-04-V
- Sep’16, PTTEPI decided to use only EDrill-2 for drilling and completions. This eliminates the need for a second rig solely for completions
- Oct’16, Completed 1st well ZTK-07-S, Sand Control Completion, dual zones, extension pack with SIMOPS
- Sep’17, PTTEPI decided to extend EDrill-2’s contract to Feb’19
- Oct’17, UWILD completed offshore from tender, with no requirement for additional diving support vessel
- Nov’17, Selected 38 MOGE crew (for 2nd year) from 78 interviews. Continued with training in Yangon and onsite
- Dec’17, Drilled and completed Zawtika 1B development, ZWP4, 5, 6, 7 and ZWP-2 infill, total 46 wells
- Jul’18, Rescued 12 Myanmar fishermen stranded at sea. Safely transferred to Yangon
- Oct’18, Achieved 2 years LTI free
- Dec’18, Continuous improvement on rig move days, total 8.5 days on ZWP-11 to ZWP-10
- Jan’19, Continuous improvement on rig conversion days, total 1.3 days on ZWP-10
- Mar’19, Drilled and completed Zawtika 1C development, ZWP8, 9, 10, 11 and ZWP-7 infill, total 41 wells
- Mar’19, Demob equipment and personnel. 124 personnel disembarked by helicopter, total 14 flights
- Mar’19, End of contract. Total 1,204 days, 87 wells, 126 zones of SC completion, 11 rig moves, 9 rig conversions
- Mar’19, EDrill-2 arrives in Singapore for warm stack and PM routine lead by drilling and maintenance crew
Our CEO received a very appreciative email from Khun Piya, GM of PTTEPI Myanmar as follows:
Dear Khun Marcus,
We sincerely appreciate your rig service to us as one of our most reliable business partners.
Since we started the Zawtika development campaign 1B/1C, Energy Drilling has provided the highest level of commitment to meet MOGE and PTTEPI SSHE and performance expectation. When facing challenges, your team took them up in a positive way and raised quality up to another level. Our team could not be more satisfied with your work.
We look forward to continuing this relationship in future opportunities.
Photos taken by Justin Tan of Kim Heng Yard